Roseate Spoonbill Painting
Famous artwork by Audubon John James
"From its odd, spoon-shaped bill to each feather this bird has been depicted with immense care. Audubon's desire to classify the birds he observed in North America, coupled with careful scientific research, resulted in the splendidly illustrated book birds of America which included 435 plates. Audubon trained to be a painter alongside the famous French Neo-Classicist Jacques-Louis David. He couple his skills as a painter with a passion for ornithology to create a practical use for his training, Even though the book on birds concentrated on North America, Audubon to travel to Britain to find funding for his work. Ultimately it was published in America and Britain and remains both a beautiful work of art and an important scientific document. He spent the last seven years of his life compiling a companion volume, The Quadrupeds of America, which also combine exquisite illustrative skills with naturalistic knowledge."
Beard, L., Butler, A., Cleave, C. V., Fortenberry, D., & Stirling, S. (2014). The art book. London: Phaidon Press.
The perfect accent for any space! Each wood print is unique due to the natural qualities of each individual panel of wood.
• Wood canvas made from Birchwood sourced from sustainable Canadian forests
• UV set inks, meaning the print resists water
• Each wood print is made in Montreal, Canada
• Easy care, don’t touch the print if you don’t have to, but you can wipe it with a dry or damp cloth to remove dust
• Arrives ready to hang! 4 panel frame in back allows you to just pop the wood print on a small nail in the wall, no wires necessary
Roseate Spoonbill by Audubon John James
ATX Fine Arts is the best online art gallery to buy famous artwork. Fine arts for sale. Affordable art paintings to decorate your home or business with original classic art.
Fine art - Fine art paintings - Fine art artists - Fine arts subjects - Fine art America -Fine art for sale.