How To Draw A Tiger For Beginners
Drawing a tiger head is easy, Just follow along to this simple step by step video which beautifully demonstrates how to draw a tiger head within a few minutes.
How To Draw A Tiger Head
Would you like to draw your very own tiger? Now you can, by following this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
All you will need is a pencil and a piece of paper. You may also want to use an eraser to correct any mistakes, and crayons, colored pencils, or markers to color your completed tiger face.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Tiger Face
In this drawing lesson, we’ll show you how to draw a Tiger in 5 easy steps. This step by step free lesson progressively builds upon each previous step until you get to the final rendering of the Tiger.
1. Begin by drawing a large oval with the lines being jagged so they can make the fur of the tiger.
2. Draw the ears of the tiger and shade the inside of the ears.
3. Draw a curved line that looks like a capital I with the bottom of the I connecting to the bottom face of the tiger. This is going to be the nose. Beneath the nose of the tiger draw a jagged curved line from the top of the tiger's ears close to the mouth. Do the same thing on the other side.
4. Finish drawing the nose by connecting the top of the nose to the bottom. Then draw two small circles for the eyes.
5. Last part is shading the eyes of the tiger and adding the fur. I recommend you watch the video when you get to this point.
Here are some facts about Tigers that you might find interesting.
- The tiger is the largest wild cat in the world.
- Tigers stretch over 6 feet long and can weigh up to 750 pounds (340 kg).
- Tigers hunt when it’s dark and can more easily sneak up on their prey.
- A tiger’s roar is so loud it can be heard 5 miles (8 km) away.
- Unlike most cats, tigers actually enjoy being in the water and are quite agile swimmers.
- When exceptionally hungry, tigers have been known to devour up to 65 pounds (30 kg) of meat in one feeding.
If you enjoyed this In this drawing lesson let us know in the comments below and we’ll post more tutorial videos.